If at any time you have had debts and are being chased by Experto Credite, then unfortunately you may have been victim to some of the sleaziest collection tactics used by UK debt collectors today.
A simple fact in today’s climate, debt collectors have got a lot more aggressive and in many documented cases, clearly breached the law in bullying and pressurising the vulnerable.
Are you right now, afraid to answer the unrecognised number ringing your mobile, reply to the threatening text messages demanding you pay, or receiving ridiculous red coloured letters, saying if you don’t pay you are going to jail!
Chased by Experto Credite and have many other debts, get rid of them all before Xmas with this tactic
We are approaching Christmas, which is not a great time if in debt and being chased for it. Knowing the extra financial constraint the season has on consumers, the debt collection agencies love to ramp up the pressure on collecting those debts. With unscrupulous tactics such as scaring families into ruining Xmas for them if they do not pay etc. So beat them at their own game, I’ll share with you a company I used when in debt, that hates these companies as much as me, but more importantly can get rid of this debt for you before Xmas. No matter what your situation, they will sort this by the end of the day, check them out here
Experto Credite.Don’t pay them back, read this first
Although most collectors stay within the bounds of the law, others behave in ways that are outrageous, heartless and/or just plain illegal
OK, let’s start from the beginning. By taking their business to pieces, you will see that hiding behind the mask of fear and bullying, it is in fact YOU that is control, not them.
Illegal tactic used against you and your credit file
I discovered this completely by accident and a lot of companies adopt this illegal tactic, from debt collectors to payday loan companies. They threaten to put a default on your file, so for the next 6 years, no more credit. However, they are sending to companies like Experian, your details far earlier than they should and putting negative marks on your file. So Experian shows a missed payment or default on your file before legally allowed, a scandalous move on their part. So try this tactic now and I guarantee you will see your credit score improve immediately, also meaning you can get credit again. I looked for a smaller credit agency, that most importantly, allows you to dispute any/every negative listing against your file online, simply by clicking against the entry, unsurprisingly, I found none of the big UK companies allow this, I assume as their revenue stream would be affected. You need the online method of disputing, otherwise you are spending weeks collecting statements, contacting creditors, sending recorded delivery letters from the Post Office copies to every UK credit agency, in short, a nightmare. If you see any defaults on your file when you go online, click dispute on all of them and it will lodge with every agency in the UK. I disputed everything from payday loans, to debt collectors and had 80% of them removed, all unfairly lodged by the company. I could only find one UK company that provides/allows you to dispute online, but it takes minutes to click all the false entries on your credit report. Opt for the 14 day trial which only costs £1, dispute everything on your file, then cancel the trial once finished, job done. Credit score improved/defaults removed for 5mins work and the price of a sausage roll. The one I used was this one
- DCA’s are a business, 99% are not here to help you or listen to your problems. Dog died, car on fire, lost your wallet? They don’t care….Imagine a room with 100 people sitting at individual desks, with headsets on. These sales people are paid a bonus in accordance to how much they can get you to pay off the debt.
- The staff at these call centres have morning meetings before they begin. Here, they are given tactics on how to get you to pay e.g. ‘ …tell them we have their neighbours’/bosses number and we will ask them for the money’….or…’if you don’t pay today, we will make arrangements to have your parents’ car taken away and sold off to pay off the debt’. The bosses at these companies tell the staff how much money they expect each of them to collect by the end of the day. When these people call you, talking/negotiating with them is as effective as double sided playing card
- Where do they get the debts?…..they buy them, and in bulk . They have sales guys that target banks, institutions, mobile phone operators and buy a large collection of these debts for a % of the debt. What does this mean?….Let’s say your debt from Bank ‘A’ is an old credit card and was for £1678…….usually the DCA buys it for 10-20% of original value. However they will demand full amount, plus, their own charges on top. So they pay around £300 and try and get over £2000 off you, and over a fixed agreed time, you can begin to see why they make so much money and don’t care about personal circumstances.
Now they have a database of all these debts in front of them with telephone numbers and addresses given from the original debtor…now what? They want cash from you, as quick as possible , with the least amount of effort on their part. So now they adopt various methods of achieving that…….
- A standard letter is sent to you, asking for the amount, plus charges back. Often breaching OFT guidelines and making official looking documents intended or likely to, mislead debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court claims.
- Phone calls – A favourite tactic – calling you about 5-10 times a day, on every number they have to contact you, mobile, home and work. Sometimes sending texts and asking you to call them back on premium rate numbers (which is illegal) Imagine the above happening to you everyday for the next month. This is physical/psychological harassment, it is illegal and once again something else that you can stop.
- Now they will begin the nasty and often illegal tactics if they still have no success collecting the full amount, these include – which are all illegal -contacting you at unreasonable times, ignoring legitimate wishes in respect of when and where to contact you, claiming instructions from the courts, claiming to be bailiffs. Falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when it legally cannot us a business name which implies public body status, or falsely implying or stating that failure to pay a debt is a criminal offence or that criminal proceedings will be brought if debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments, or to increase payments when they are unable to do so. All of which are illegal
Quickest tactic to get rid of them for good today
If you are being chased by debt collectors or have debt in debt with banks/payday loan companies, then you need to stop all the threats/charges/interest now. If a get out of debt button is all your after, then there is a company that I have thoroughly vetted that can do this for you. I used them when I was in trouble and it also protects you from court action/bailiffs, whilst never having to talk to any creditor again. They contact them on your behalf and stop everything, informing you by email all the way. They hate these companies and their bullying tactics as much as me, any way check them out here
Experto Credite.Don’t pay them back, read this first
Now you have a much better understanding of who you are dealing with and more importantly who. I will be writing in my next article,
How to fight them, to write off old debts, slash the amount they are demanding, to stop all telephone/texts from them and make them communicate only in letter…in fact a list of 50 key points you can use to take back control and power from them!